REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN “KENYA VIS À VIS”
Casa África as an institution of public and cultural diplomacy that belongs to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation plans of Spain, together with the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage of the Republic of Kenya, with the collaboration of the Spanish Embassy, announce the “Kenya Vis à Vis” initiative, the first professional meeting between Spanish music producers and programmers and Kenyan musicians. The final phase of this initiative will be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 2nd to 5th of April 2020.
- All artist and music band residing in Kenya can participate in this initiative.
- The initiative is open to any kind of music style and language.
- Period of registration: from 21st February to 20th of March 2020.
- The registration will be formalized on the kenyavisavis.com website by providing the name of the artist or group and those of its members, their songs in MP3 or WAV format, music clips or videos (optional), website, links, pictures and contact information.
- Once registered, each participant will register up to three musical pieces in MP3 or WAV format.
- Once the period of registration of artists and their music has been completed, a Selection Committee, composed of Spanish producers and programmers, will select 12 artists or groups from among all the candidates. The selected ones will participate in professional meetings and will perform in a live concert in “Kenya Vis à Vis” in a space to be arranged in Nairobi. Concerts and meetings will take place between 3rd and 5th April 2020.
- The organization of this initiative will communicate the schedule of the concerts to the groups.
- The performances in Nairobi will be live and they may not include more than 3 songs and may not exceed 15 minutes per group.
- The musicians who participate in these concerts should be the same as the ones who would travel to Spain. Playback is not allowed.
- Maintenance, travel and accommodation costs of artists or groups that do not live in Nairobi and need to be in Nairobi from 3rd to 5th of April 2020, will not be assumed by the organization.
- The Selection Committee of “Kenya Vis à Vis” will select two artists or bands as the winners of this initiative. The winners will participate in a promotional concert tour during the month of July 2020 in Spain. The organization will pay the costs of the trip to Spain.
- The organization will provide the winning bands groups with a basic backline, microphones and a 5-piece standard drum. The bands must bring their own instruments and amplifiers to their performances in Spain.
- The group must be composed of a maximum of 6 members. The organization will not pay for the costs of other people who come along with the participants (technicians, road manager,…) and will guarantee a technical support team in Spain to provide service to the selected groups.
- It is imperative to have a repertoire of at least 30 minutes to participate in the concerts in Spain.
- The Selection Committee is empowered to solve any doubt, complaint or incident that may arise throughout this process, adopting the decisions it deems appropriate.
- Participants authorize the organizers to reproduce and publicly communicate their music for promotional purposes through radio, online listening, audio streaming, digital video on Internet or any other promotional means.
- This authorisation will be valid until the end of the tour in Spain of the winners of “Kenya Vis a Vis “.
- The participation and registration of data and music in this initiative implies the full acceptance of these rules by the candidates and the declaration that all the information provided is true.